Selected menu has been deleted. Please select the another existing nav menu.
=

Edmonton gurdwara stabbing: 2 men stabbed with screwdriver, suspect freed from prison a day ago

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur. Facilisis eu sit commodo sit. Phasellus elit sit sit dolor risus faucibus vel aliquam. Fames mattis.

HTML tutorial

The Edmonton Police Service has arrested a 27-year-old man following a stabbing with a screwdriver at the Nanaksar Sikh Gurdwara early Friday morning.At 4.49 am, police received reports of a man walking in traffic on Highway 15 near Horsehill Road. Shortly after, around 5 am, officers began receiving calls about a stabbing at the gurdwara located near 14 Street and Horsehill Road.Police said the suspect entered the gurdwara and attempted to access the prayer area before being confronted by staff. The confrontation escalated, and two male patrons were stabbed with a screwdriver.Witnesses intervened, restrained the suspect and held him until patrol officers arrived at 5.10 am to take him into custody.Emergency Medical Services treated and transported a 75-year-old man and a 51-year-old man to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.The EPS Investigative Response Team has taken over the case and is working with the Hate Crimes Unit to determine whether the attack was hate-motivated. Charges are pending against the suspect.According to details shared by EPS Police Chief Warren Drieche, the incident could have been far worse.“We are thankful that this morning’s event did not result in more significant injuries or deaths but also recognise that the trauma experienced by the victims and their community cannot be understated. This level of violence has no place in our city, and we want to ensure the Sikh community and all Edmontonians that we are taking this incident and their safety, seriously.”Authorities confirmed that the accused had been released from prison just one day earlier and has a history of violence dating back more than a decade. His name has not been released as charges are still pending.Prime Minister Mark Carney condemned the incident, calling the attack at the Nanaksar Gurdwara in Edmonton “appalling”. He expressed his thoughts for the two injured people and the wider community shaken by the incident.“No one should ever feel unsafe in their place of worship. I want to thank the Edmonton Police Service for their swift response,” Carney said.

HTML tutorial

Tags :

Search

Popular Posts


Useful Links

Selected menu has been deleted. Please select the another existing nav menu.

Recent Posts

©2025 – All Right Reserved. Designed and Developed by JATTVIBE.