Abhijeet Dipke, founding president of the political satire outfit “Cockroach Janta Party” on Saturday alleged that the organisation’s official website has been taken down by the government authorities, amid what he described as a broader crackdown on the organisation’s digital presence.The government has taken down our iconic website – https://t.co/l6i6Ry8h5S.10 Lakh cockroaches had signed up on our website has members.6 Lakh cockroaches had signed a petition to demand the resignation of Dharmendra Pradhan.Why is the government so scared of cockroaches?…— Abhijeet Dipke (@abhijeet_dipke) May 23, 2026In a post on X, Dipke claimed that the organisation’s official website, cockroachjantaparty.org, had been removed. He said nearly 10 lakh “cockroaches” had registered as members on the platform, while around six lakh supporters had signed a petition demanding the resignation of Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan.Cockroach Janta Party founder alleges Instagram account hacked, backup suspended”10 Lakh cockroaches had signed up on our website has members. 6 Lakh cockroaches had signed a petition to demand the resignation of Dharmendra Pradhan,” Dipke said on X.Questioning the alleged action against the group, Dipke wrote, “Why is the government so scared of cockroaches? But this dictatorial behaviour is opening the eyes of India’s youth. Our only crime is we were demanding a better future for ourselves.”He also asserted that the organisation would continue its activities despite the alleged crackdown. “But you can’t get rid of us that easily. We’re working on a new home right now. Cockroaches never die,” he added.Earlier in the day, Dipke had claimed that several of the party’s online platforms had been targeted. According to him, the party’s Instagram page, his personal Instagram account and its X account had all been compromised or withheld. He also alleged that a backup account had been taken down.“Please note that we currently do not have access to any of our platforms. Any post made after this should not be considered an official statement from the Cockroach Janta Party,” Dipke said in another statement posted online.There was no immediate response from the government or the concerned social media platforms regarding the allegations made by Dipke and the Cockroach Janta Party.Recently, the party’s X handle was withheld in India. The Cockroach Janta Party had rapidly gained online traction and public attention, particularly after it reportedly surpassed the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party in Instagram follower count.


