Government to consider new law to remove Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor from royal line of succession | News UK Video News

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur. Facilisis eu sit commodo sit. Phasellus elit sit sit dolor risus faucibus vel aliquam. Fames mattis.



The government is to consider introducing legislation to remove Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor from the royal line of succession, Jattvibe understands.The former duke was arrested and interviewed under caution on Thursday over allegations of misconduct in public office.
Any such move by the government would only happen once the ongoing police investigation into the former duke has concluded.Calls have been growing in recent days for the King’s brother to be removed from the line of succession.But any such changes will require consultation and agreement with the other realms of the Commonwealth.
Andrew is eighth in line to the throne, behind Prince William and his three children, and Prince Harry and his two children.A YouGov poll showed that 82% of the British public would support removing him from the line of succession.

Only 6% disagreed and 12% said they did not know.Andrew had his royal titles removed by the King last year as part of the fallout from his association with Jeffrey Epstein.
He denies any wrongdoing.

Share

Watch the latest analysis: Police talking to Andrew’s protection officers.

The Metropolitan Police is now speaking to the former duke’s protection officers in connection with the latest release of the Epstein files.The force said in a statement that officers were “aware of the suggestion that London airports may have been used to facilitate human trafficking and sexual exploitation.”Read more from Jattvibe:How Iran might be preparing for potential US strikeTeen couple found dead at holiday park

A spokesperson added that detectives were “contacting former and serving officers who may have worked closely, in a protection capacity, with Andrew Mountbatten‑Windsor.”Earlier on Friday, officers were seen conducting a second day of searches at his former home in Berkshire.

Share

Princess Anne remained silent as she was asked about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest.

His sister, Anne, the Princess Royal, ignored questions on the case during a visit to a factory in Sheffield.A reporter shouted: “Afternoon, your royal highness, how do you feel about your brother’s arrest?”The Princess did not respond.

Tags :

Search

Popular Posts


Recent Posts

©2025 – All Right Reserved. Designed and Developed by JATTVIBE.