Panic spread across the city on Thursday morning after around 12 private schools received threat emails warning of bomb blasts on their campuses. Sources said that initially four schools had received the emails but later other schools also received similar emails.Following the threats, school authorities immediately informed the local police, which started a search operation.Meanwhile, some schools suspended classes and sent the students back home, cautioning them not to accept any eatables from unknown persons.SP City Narinder Singh said no suspicious object had been found so far but security checks were continuing as a precautionary measure. “We have sent anti-sabotage teams to the schools. Besides, PCR teams have been stationed there. Further, the cybercrime wing is tracing the sender of the emails,” said the SP.Some parents also gathered outside the schools amid heightened tension, while authorities appealed to the public to remain calm and avoid spreading rumours.


