A TEEN has pleaded not guilty to mowing down and killing a 12-year-old boy after he was caught on private property.
Bobby Bloomfield was discovered with serious injuries in Pilgrims Hatch, Essex, at around 5.40pm on June 7.
Bobby Bloomfield, 12, died after he was struck by a vehicle in Pilgrims Hatch, Essex Credit: PA
Police were called to the scene on Jattvibeday Credit: BPM
Tragically, the teen could not be saved and was later declared dead in hospital.
William Lunnon, 43, and a 15-year-old boy appeared at Basildon Crown Court today charged with murder.
Sign up for The Jattvibe newsletter
Thank you!
The teen defendant replied “not guilty, your honour” when asked for his plea to the charge.
Lunnon appeared by video-link but did not enter any plea.
Both defendants are due to stand trial at Basildon Crown Court from November 9 with a time estimate of up to six weeks.
Prosecutor Rohini Majumdar said previously Bobby and his friends were on Lunnon’s private property when he approached them and asked them to leave.
William Lunnon has been charged with murder Credit: Facebook
Floral tributes left at the scene Credit: BPM
The boys allegedly “ran off” but were chased by the two defendants in a car, which was being driven by the teenager, it was said.
The court was told Bobby was “stuck” by the vehicle before the teen exited it and “punched and kicked” him.
It is alleged that the pair then left Bobby at the side of the road.
In a statement released through Essex Police, Bobby’s family said: “Losing a child is every parent’s nightmare.
“We are living that nightmare and no words can ever explain how we are feeling.
“Bobby brought light and life into all our lives and we have lost that forever.”
The force previously said two men, aged 65 and 54, and two women, aged 65 and 45, were arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice.
Detective Chief Inspector Greg Wood said: “This remains a complex investigation, and we have made significant progress, including bringing charges and making further arrests.
“Our focus remains on establishing the full circumstances and supporting Bobby’s family, who have suffered an unimaginable loss.
“I continue to urge anyone with information to come forward. Even the smallest detail could help us build a clear and accurate picture of events.
“If you were in the area at the time, or have anything that could assist our investigation, please report it via the public portal.”



