Selected menu has been deleted. Please select the another existing nav menu.
=

NEET-UG paper did not leak from National Testing Agency system, Parliamentary panel told

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur. Facilisis eu sit commodo sit. Phasellus elit sit sit dolor risus faucibus vel aliquam. Fames mattis.

HTML tutorial

Following the allegations of NEET-UG paper leak, the National Testing Agency (NTA), which was summoned by the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Education, Women, Children, Youth and Sports about the reforms they have brought in since the constitution of High-Level Committee (HLC) chaired by former ISRO chief K Radhakrishnan, said the leak was not from their system and CBI report is awaited which will reveal the gaps.The committee, headed by Congress leader Digvijaya Singh, reviewed the implementation of a high-level committee report on reforms to the NTA and the status of investigation into the NEET-UG paper leak this year. Questions were also asked about the vacancies in the NTA.NTA DG Abhishek Singh and Higher Education Secretary Vineet Joshi appeared before the committee.While the opposition MPs in the committee demanded that the probe report be presented before the panel, the members from the BJP objected to this, saying the CBI is an independent body and it should be allowed to do its work.In its presentation, NTA also said they would transition to computer based testing from pen and paper mode for the NEET UG examination. It would also impose number of attempts and age limits after consulting the health ministry.NTA also narrated the sequence of events from which they concluded that examination should be cancelled.  On the late evening of May 7, four days after the examination, NTA received inputs concerning alleged malpractice activity around the examination.These inputs were escalated by NTA to central agencies on the morning of May 8, independent verification and necessary action.On the basis of the inputs subsequently examined by NTA in coordination with the central agencies and the investigative findings shared by the law enforcement agencies, it was decided to cancel the NEET (UG) 2026 examination and to re-conduct the examination on 21 June 2026.The Centre has also decided to refer the matter to the CBI for a comprehensive inquiry into the allegations therein.The standing committee also enquired about the allegations of paper leak in 2024 NEET UG exam and the measures taken by NTA since then. States are now actively involved in the conduct of major NTA Examinations as recommended by the Radhakrishnan Committee.Accordingly, State Level Coordination Committees (SLCCs) and District Level Coordination Committees (DLCCs) are functional and played a key role during NEET (UG) 2025 and 2026 Examinations.NTA informed the parliamentary committee that more than 80 lakh students took up seven exams including JEE in 2025.In order to prevent breaches in examinations, NTA said all it coordinated with states to conduct exams and reporting of malpractice cases on social media platforms were actively monitored.It also held review meetings chaired by the Union Home Secretary with Chief Secretaries institutionalised and surveillance of organised gangs and monitoring of coaching institutions.In order to make the exam process robust the High Level Committee recommended a ‘DIGI-EXAM’ system on the lines of DigiYatra (multi-stage authentication using Aadhaar ID and biometrics).NTA informed the parliamentary committee that they have introduced the Aadhaar-based biometric authentication introduced at examination centre for NEET (UG) candidates.

HTML tutorial

Tags :

Search

Popular Posts


Useful Links

Selected menu has been deleted. Please select the another existing nav menu.

Recent Posts

©2025 – All Right Reserved. Designed and Developed by JATTVIBE.