Selected menu has been deleted. Please select the another existing nav menu.
=

Shona Manderson calls for MAFS UK to be cancelled after accusing husband of ‘taking things too far during sex’

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur. Facilisis eu sit commodo sit. Phasellus elit sit sit dolor risus faucibus vel aliquam. Fames mattis.

HTML tutorial

FORMER Married At First Sight UK star Shona Manderson has called for the show to be cancelled.

After accusing her TV husband of “taking things too far during sex”, Shona, 33, is calling on Channel 4 to officially axe the show.

Sign up for the TV newsletter

Thank you!

Former Married At First Sight UK star Shona Manderson has called for the show to be cancelled Credit: BBC

She has opened up about having an abortion after claiming her on-screen partner Bradley Skelly ejaculated inside her without permission Credit: CPL / Channel 4

The former reality star wants the channel to bring in external investigators to assess the show’s welfare system.

She made the claims on the new Panorama programme, The Dark Side of Married at First Sight, which follows an external review commissioned in April into the welfare of participants on the programme.

Within the documentary, Shona is critical of the format of the show and while speaking to the BBC, she said that she, personally, “does not think MAFS UK should be on air at all”.

Shona, who appeared on the show in 2023, was one of the brides who bravely opened up on her experiences in the new Panorama documentary that aired on Monday night.

Reality shock
MAFS groom slams show ahead of Panorama expose, saying ‘it’s about time’

MAFS PROBE
Two MAFS UK brides ‘raped by on-screen husbands’ & 3rd ‘had to get abortion’

The former TV star said she had an abortion after claiming her on-screen partner Bradley Skelly ejaculated inside her without permission.

She claims experts had separately picked up on her partner’s controlling way of speaking to her at the time of the incident.

She told how she later went to get the morning-after pill while accompanied by one of the show’s welfare producers.

Bradley said he understood Shona had consented to him ejaculating inside of her.

In a statement to the BBC, he said he categorically denies “any allegations of sexual misconduct” or that he was “controlling”.

He said their relationship: “was based on mutual consent, care and affection.”

But days after CPL – the production company behind the show – and Channel 4 removed the couple, Shona discovered she was pregnant.

She told Panorama: “I made the choice to go through with an abortion. It was really hard.”

Shona admitted she does not know if the pregnancy resulted from the alleged incident.

The couple stayed together for six weeks after leaving the show, but separated shortly afterwards.

Another bride, who is known as Lizzie to protect her anonymity, alleges her on-screen husband raped her and threatened to throw acid at her.

She told how she “froze with fear” during the alleged attack, which left her with visible fingerprints where he had grabbed her.

Lawyer’s for Lizzie’s onscreen husband denies all claims against him.

Chloe, a third victim whose name has been changed to protect her identity, told bosses she was raped before her series was aired.

She told how both she and her on-screen husband had been engaging in consensual sex, but he had proceeded on one occasion after she said no.

Chloe told the programme he then chillingly said to her, “you’re making me feel like a rapist”.

The BBC warned the investigation raises serious concerns that welfare procedures on the hit reality series have failed.

Chloe’s ‘husband’ challenges details of her account, his lawyers told the BBC.

Channel 4 and CPL have said that the welfare protocols are robust and comprehensive.

In a statement, Channel 4 said: “We have not seen the programme and will comment when we know more.”

Priya Dogra, chief executive of Channel 4 said: “I want to express my sympathy to contributors who have clearly been distressed after taking part in Married At First Sight UK. The wellbeing of our contributors is always of paramount importance.

“It would be wholly inappropriate for me to comment on what are very serious allegations made against some MAFS UK contributors.

“Those allegations – which I understand are disputed by the contributors accused – are not something that Channel 4 is in a position to adjudicate on.

“We are also mindful of our ongoing duty of care to all contributors, and the need to preserve the anonymity and privacy of all involved.

“On the claims that Channel 4 may have failed in its duty of care, I believe that when concerns about contributor welfare were raised, and based on the information available at the time, Channel 4 acted quickly, appropriately, sensitively and with wellbeing front and centre.”

HTML tutorial
Tags :

Search

Popular Posts


Useful Links

Selected menu has been deleted. Please select the another existing nav menu.

Recent Posts

©2025 – All Right Reserved. Designed and Developed by JATTVIBE.