Selected menu has been deleted. Please select the another existing nav menu.
=

Former MAFS welfare producer breaks silence amid show ‘rape’ allegations as she reveals fear of speaking out

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet consectetur. Facilisis eu sit commodo sit. Phasellus elit sit sit dolor risus faucibus vel aliquam. Fames mattis.

HTML tutorial

A FORMER Married At First Sight producer has spoken out following allegations of rape behind the scenes of the show.

On Monday night, a bombshell BBC Panorama documentary saw two former show stars anonymously accuse their on-screen husbands of rape.

Sign up for the TV newsletter

Thank you!

A former welfare producer on Married At First Sight UK has spoken out about the show’s ‘rape’ allegations Credit: Instagram

Producer Emma Pringle took to her Instagram Stories to commend show star Shona Manderson for speaking out on her experience Credit: Instagram

Whilst a third show star, Shona Manderson, alleged that she was the victim of sexual misconduct from her partner at the time, Brad Skelly.

Now, a former welfare producer on the show has had her say, applauding Shona for speaking out.

Emma Pringle, who worked on the show from 2021 until 2023 – the year Shona took part – has shared her opinion on the allegations to Instagram.

Re-sharing a post by Shona, she wrote: “As someone who spent 3 years working on this show as a Senior Welfare Producer. I commend Shona for having the courage to start these conversations.

FRESH CLAIMS
MAFS UK groom who appeared while on bail for domestic violence was not axed

UNITED FRONT
Brad Skelly’s girlfriend stands by MAFS star after sexual assault allegations

She also said in another post that change was ‘desperately needed’ due to ‘toxic environments’ Credit: Instagram

It comes as Shona was one of three show stars to accuse their on-screen husbands of misconduct, with the other two women remaining anonymous as they alleged they had been raped during the show Credit: BBC

“I also agree that welfare support across the whole industry needs a comprehensive overhaul to make it a healthier environment for all those involved.”

Emma then took to her main page with a post about “toxic environments” in reality TV.

Sharing a picture of a BBC news article about the investigation, she wrote: “This is not an easy subject matter but something I feel compelled to speak on.

“I spent 15 years working in this industry and many of those years were spent in welfare. Speaking about the negative sides of this industry is extremely taboo, your career is based on your reputation.

“However, if we do not speak openly about toxic environments and unhealthy practices the cycle just continues and no real change will ever take place. Change is so desperately needed in this industry, for everyone involved. I really hope this is the start for some real legalisations to enter into practice.”

Emma signed off her post: “An industry that is worth millions of pounds in revenue should really be better regulated to make sure that the next generation of contributors and media freelancers never experience these awful circumstances”.

According to her social media, Emma also worked on Love Is Blind UK and Celebs Go Dating, in addition to MAFS.

Shona spoke out to accuse her on-screen partner Bradley Skelly of sexual misconduct, claiming he ejaculated inside her without permission.

Brad has denied this is the case, in response to the BBC.

Another woman – speaking anonymously as “Lizzie” on Panorama – claimed her on-screen husband raped her, then “threatened to get someone to throw acid at” her if she told anyone.

Lawyers for Lizzie’s on-screen husband deny all claims against him.

A third – portrayed by an actress and using the name “Chloe” – said she had suicidal thoughts when her series aired after she told show bosses she was raped.

Chloe’s “husband” challenges details of her account, his lawyers told the BBC.

Last night the entire library of MAFS episodes was pulled from the broadcaster’s streaming service after the BBC doc aired.

Channel 4 and CPL have said that the welfare protocols are robust and comprehensive.

The broadcaster said the claims are “wholly uncorroborated and disputed.”

Priya Dogra, chief executive of Channel 4 said: “I want to express my sympathy to contributors who have clearly been distressed after taking part in Married At First Sight UK. The wellbeing of our contributors is always of paramount importance.

“It would be wholly inappropriate for me to comment on what are very serious allegations made against some MAFS UK contributors.

“Those allegations – which I understand are disputed by the contributors accused – are not something that Channel 4 is in a position to adjudicate on.

“We are also mindful of our ongoing duty of care to all contributors, and the need to preserve the anonymity and privacy of all involved.

“On the claims that Channel 4 may have failed in its duty of care, I believe that when concerns about contributor welfare were raised, and based on the information available at the time, Channel 4 acted quickly, appropriately, sensitively and with wellbeing front and centre.”

HTML tutorial
Tags :

Search

Popular Posts


Useful Links

Selected menu has been deleted. Please select the another existing nav menu.

Recent Posts

©2025 – All Right Reserved. Designed and Developed by JATTVIBE.